Aging and Home and Community-Based Waiver Services may be available to Pennsylvanians over the age of 60 to enable them to continue to live in their homes and communities with support and services.
To be eligible for the Aging Waiver, you must:
· Be a resident of Pennsylvania
· Be a U.S. citizen or a qualified Non-citizen
· Have a Social Security Number
· Be 60 years of age or older
· Meet the level of care needs for a Skilled Nursing Facility
· Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.
The following is a list of services available through the Aging Waiver that may be available to you:
· Adult Daily Living Services
· Community Transition Services
· Companion Services
· Counseling Services
· Environmental Modifications
· Financial Management Services
· Home Delivered Meals
· Home Health Services
· Home Support Services
· Non-Medical Transportation Services
· Participant-Directed Goods and Services
· Participant-Directed Community Supports
· Personal Assistance Services
· Personal Care Services
· Personal Emergency Response System
· Respite Services
· Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
There is no cap on the services that Aging Waiver participants receive, no cost sharing and no contributions allowed.
In order to qualify for Aging Waiver Services you must meet eligibility requirements. This includes a level of care
assessment and a determination of financial eligibility.
To learn more contact:
Area Agency on Aging
toll free at 1-800-800-2560
Office of Long-Term Living Bureau of Individual Support